7 Great Places to Cool Off This Summer
No doubt about it – summers in West Georgia get HOT! When temperatures are too hot to move, cool off at these great spots in our area:
1. John Tanner State Park: A landmark in Carroll County, the 138-acre park boasts a large sand beach, camping, hiking, fishing, putt putt golf, paddle boats, a group lodge, motel units, pavilions, and a large picnic area. Admission is $5 per vehicle, and a small fee is charged for other activities.
John Tanner State Park Website
2. Midtown Water Park: Located just off Highway 27 at 125 Leroy Childs Drive, Midtown Water Park is a great place for the people of all ages. The park includes slides for smaller children, a 150-foot Spiral Speed Slide, a Zero Depth Entry for young children, a rain tree, walrus swings, concession stand, picnic area and more. The park is open daily at noon (1:00p.m. on Sunday) through August 2, 2015. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for youth and seniors. Children under 2 are free. Family passes are available.
CPRCAD Website – Midtown Water Park
3. McIntosh Reserve: The Reserve is 527 acres packed with history, trails, a splash water park, pavilions and sweeping frontage on the Chattahoochee River. The park is a favorite of hikers and equestrian riders, too. Free admission to Carroll County residents; non-residents pay a minimal parking fee. Spray and Splash water park admission is $1 for residents, $2 for non-residents.
4. Lakeshore Pool: Located at 116 Lumpkin Drive, the Lakeshore Pool offers public swim times each afternoon. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for youth and seniors. Children under 2 are free. Family passes are available.
CPRCAD Website – Lakeshore Pool
5. Flat Rock Park: Located at 7115 County Road 870 in Wedowee, Alabama, Flat Rock Park is a family-friendly day-use park featuring swimming, picnicking, fishing, and a nature trail. The unique park sits on 25 acres of granite along beautiful Lake Wedowee. Admission is free and the park is open through Labor Day.
Flat Rock Park Website
6. Neva Lomason Memorial Library: The Library located at 710 Rome Street in Carrollton offers a weekly story time for children every Wednesday at 10:30a.m. Several other activities such as arts and crafts, yoga and enrichment classes for children and adults alike are scheduled throughout the summer.
Neva Lomason Memorial Library Website
7. Carrollton Movie Theater: The Georgia Theater Company in Carrollton has a special summer movie schedule for children at a significantly reduced price every Tuesday and Thursday morning at 10a.m. The summer series will feature the an excellent selection of children’s movies; The Boxtrolls, The Lego Movie, Nut Job, How to Train Your Dragon, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, The Penguins of Madagascar, Rio 2, and The Spongebob Movie. Tickets are only $1 per person and kid’s drinks and popcorn is priced at $1.50 each. See the link below for movie dates.
Carrollton Stadium Cinema Summer Movie Schedule