Five Great Reasons to Call Carroll County, GA Home
“Carroll County offers the complete package of education, healthcare, good jobs, qualify of life, pro-business atmosphere, stable and cooperative government, strong economic and community development, and a community that takes care of her people like no others,” says Daniel Jackson, CEO of the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce.
Still need convincing? Check out these five reasons why Carroll County is a great place to live:
1. A flourishing arts community. Carroll County is home to several theatre and music companies that offer programs for all ages throughout the year. In addition, the University of West Georgia hosts a full schedule of traveling shows and local productions. Art clubs and museums round out a thriving arts community.
2. Educational opportunities. Carroll County has many wonderful public and private school options. It is also home to the University of West Georgia and West Georgia Technical College. Whether your needs are quality PreK to college education or continuing education opportunities, you are sure to find many options in our area.
3. Sports and recreation. Outdoor enthusiasts will find great fishing, hunting, and golfing in West Georgia. Boating, kayaking, swimming, and picnicking are readily accessible at several area parks. Recreation programs for athletes of all ages have programs for a wide variety of sports and leisure exercise. Great weather most of the year only adds to these opportunities!
4. Medical Care. With hospitals and facilities throughout West Georgia, Tanner Health System provides local residents with high quality medical care close to home. In May 2015 Tanner was recognized among the top 15 health systems in the nation by a national research firm, the only system in Georgia to do so. In addition, pharmacies and independent physicians throughout the region provide convenient services to Carroll County residents every day without the hassle of large metropolitan areas.
5. Shopping. From upscale grocers to consignment shopping, Carroll County retailers have just what you need. Whether you are searching for a special present for a big occasion or are simply enjoying the thrill of the hunt for bargains, you won’t have to go far in West Georgia to find what you are looking for.
For more information about relocating your home or business to Carroll County, contact the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce at 770-832-2446 or visit www.carroll-ga.org.