Include Amenities that Buyers Want
Step-by-Step Learning Series #2:
Create an Irresistible Listing to Sell Your Home Faster
When you list your home with a REALTOR®, your listing will be searchable according to its basic details. Viewers will see details such as the property’s location, acreage, and neighborhood, as well as the selling price and a photo.
When summarizing your property, put yourself in the shoes of potential buyers. What is it about your home or neighborhood that those buyers will find attractive? Does your home have a fireplace? Sunroom? Deck? Include those features in your summary to motivate the potential homebuyer to explore your complete listing.
Some possible features to include in your listing are:
- Neighborhood or subdivision
- Nearby schools or school district
- Proximity to centers of commerce, including shopping centers and restaurants
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Unique rooms or features
- Storage space
- Outdoor features (pool, storage sheds, fencing, and yard size, for example)
Include great photos of those features as well.
“Highlight anything that makes your house more than a cookie cutter house,” says professional photographer Paige Murphy of Lilly P Photography in Temple. “Tray ceilings, unique light fixtures, windows—those are features that make a house really beautiful and set it apart.”
You might also like one of these articles in our Step-by-Step Learning Series.
Series #2: Create an Irresistible Listing to Sell Your Home Faster
- Stage Your House Like the Pros
- Include Great Photos To Interest Viewers in a Visit
- Include Amenities that Buyers Want
- Expert Tips for Photographing Your Home
- Price Your Home Right the First Time
Series #1: Financing Your New Home Purchase
- Take Your Real Estate Transaction Step-by-Step With Duffey Realty
- Are You Financially Fit?
- Purchase Your Home Faster with Mortgage Pre-Approval
- Is a Government Backed Loan Right for You?
- Find a Conventional Mortgage Option to Fit Your Needs
- 10 Terms Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Know
- Know Your Closing Costs Before You Sign on the Dotted Line
Looking for a new home?
Check out the listings from our most popular neighborhoods. Simply click on one of the images below.