Today is World Kindness Day: How will you celebrate?
At Duffey Realty we believe every day should be Kindness Day, but today is actually set apart as World Kindness Day. According to the World Kindness Movement website, World Kindness Day is an opportunity to build a kinder and more compassionate world. The early Christian missionary Paul encouraged people to “be kind and compassionate to one another,” so today is a great opportunity to practice that advice.
Here are a few ways you might choose to be kind to others today:
1. Pay for the person behind you at the drive thru.
2. Tell someone how much you appreciate them.
3. Read a book to a child.
4. Send a card to someone to let them know you are thinking of them.
5. Volunteer for a few hours.
6. Thank a service person for their dedication to others.
7. Donate gently used toys or clothes to a benevolence organization.
8. Smile at the person who checks you out at the store and say thanks.
9. Buy donuts or cookies for a local fire or police station.
10. Talk to someone you wouldn’t ordinarily include in your social group.
11. Call or write someone you haven’t talked to in a while and let them know you’ve been thinking of them.
12. Hold the door for someone.
13. Pick up trash in front of your office.
14. Stick up for a person who has been treated wrongly.
15. Comment on the blog or social media site of an organization who is making a special effort to help people. Acknowledge their efforts to make the world a better place.
16. Take my spouse on an Anna Maria Island Vacation.
What kindness tips do you regularly practice? Share them with us in the comments section on Facebook, so we can add to our list.