Today is World Kindness Day: How will you celebrate?
You never know how much your act of kindness may be needed by the recipient. Your deed could be a Ray of Hope during a rough day or tough time in someone’s life.
At Duffey Realty, we believe every day should be Kindness Day, but today, November 13th, is set apart specifically as the day to celebrate World Kindness Day.
According to the World Kindness Movement website, World Kindness Day is an opportunity to build a kinder and more compassionate world. The early Christian missionary Paul encouraged people to “be kind and compassionate to one another,” so today is a great opportunity to practice that advice.
Here are a few ways you might choose to be kind to others today:
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
- Tell someone how much you appreciate them.
- Read a book to a child.
- Send a card to someone to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Volunteer for a few hours.
- Thank a service person for their dedication to others.
- Donate gently used toys or clothes to a worthy organization.
- Smile at the person who checks you out at the store and say thanks.
- Buy donuts or cookies for a local fire or police station.
- Talk to someone you wouldn’t ordinarily include in your social group.
- Call or write someone you haven’t talked to in a while and let them know you’ve been thinking of them.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Pick up trash in front of your office.
- Stick up for a person who has been treated wrongly.
- Comment on the blog or social media site of an organization who is making a special effort to help people. Acknowledge their efforts to make the world a better place.
- Take your spouse on an Amelia Island Vacation.
What kindness tips do you regularly practice? What did you do to celebrate kindness today? We hope every day we can help the world feel a little more kindness.
You might also like one of these articles in our Step-by-Step Learning Series.
Series #2: Create an Irresistible Listing to Sell Your Home Faster
- Stage Your House Like the Pros
- Include Great Photos To Interest Viewers in a Visit
- Include Amenities that Buyers Want
- Expert Tips for Photographing Your Home
- Price Your Home Right the First Time
Series #1: Financing Your New Home Purchase
- Take Your Real Estate Transaction Step-by-Step With Duffey Realty
- Are You Financially Fit?
- Purchase Your Home Faster with Mortgage Pre-Approval
- Is a Government Backed Loan Right for You?
- Find a Conventional Mortgage Option to Fit Your Needs
- 10 Terms Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Know
- Know Your Closing Costs Before You Sign on the Dotted Line
Looking for a new home?
Check out the listings from our most popular neighborhoods. Simply click on one of the images below.